Manager, Health & Well-being
About The Partnership for the Homeless
The Partnership is striving to create a world where housing is embraced as a human right.
We believe homelessness is solvable, and prevention is the best way to solve homelessness. Preventing eviction and immediate homelessness through rental assistance, legal referrals, landlord mediation and tenant education keeps families safely housed. Preventing ongoing risk of homelessness by offering families health and trauma-informed mental health services makes it possible for families to achieve lasting stability. Preventing barriers to children’s access to education and school, by keeping their families housed today, disrupts the generational cycle of homelessness and prevents homelessness in the long term.
We serve New Yorkers experiencing, at risk of, or recovering from homelessness. This includes people of any ability, age, family type, gender, national origin, race and sexual orientation.
Our Values are our North Star
Compassion, Inclusion, Integrity, Professionalism, Social Justice.
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer (CPO), the Manager, Health & Well-being is responsible for the provision of general and mental health and emotional well-being services in accordance with The Partnership’s mission, values and strategic objectives. Specifically, they will develop, and oversee client engagement in, one-on-one counseling, facilitated training and peer support groups utilizing a trauma-informed approach. Versatile, aware, curious and compassionate, the Manager has an adaptable style, can create new programming, and is organized and level-headed with the ability to bring things to close. This position is integral to developing well-being initiatives that empower people to disrupt and prevent cycles of crisis that can lead to homelessness.
- In collaboration with the CPO, design and implement a Health and Well-being Program that integrates with housing and education programming and ensures a client-first culture underpinned by the organization’s values;
- Develop systems and logistics for the provision of internal short-term counseling, as well as external referrals for long-term counseling, establishing MOUs with other organizations;
- Create curricula for support groups and trainings, and develop a network of facilitators and presenters;
- Collaborate with other Program Managers to connect clients to health services and liaise with PR to develop relations with key contacts in relevant government agencies and community-based organizations, develop creative program materials, and offer cross-programmatic recruitment and engagement events;
- Organize training for staff on relevant mental health and trauma developments and approaches and integrate a trauma-informed approach throughout the organization;
- Manage daily operations, create standard policies and procedures to facilitate program implementation, and establish data review, monitoring and evaluation systems to assess and improve programming;
- Collaborate with the development team to increase funding and ensure compliance and accurate reporting on grant deliverables;
- Modernize and implement systems to facilitate goal setting, production plans, bi-weekly and monthly reports and collaborate with the CPO to set and monitor budget and annual plans;
- Responsible for staff, intern or volunteer recruitment, management and supervision, ensuring realization of deliverables, timely and consistent reporting and supervision and continuous training and evaluation;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred;
- 7+ years in a health, mental health, counseling or well-being role, with 4+ years in a supervisory capacity;
- An extensive understanding of mental & emotional health as they relate to housing security and homelessness, and a strong commitment to homelessness prevention and social equity;
- Extensive experience in the provision of counseling or group facilitation;
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships in the mental health and emotional well-being field;
- Experience in evidence-based programmatic design and evaluation;
- Comfort with fast-paced environments, change management, and proven ability to meet or exceed deliverables in adherence with strict deadlines;
- Experience managing teams and setting and achieving goals to build organizational and staff capacity;
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with diverse teams and stakeholders and commitment to fostering diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, bi-lingual in English/Spanish a plus;
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office software and CRM systems.
Equal Opportunities Employer
At The Partnership, difference is us. We are an equal opportunities employer and prohibit discrimination against any individual based on ability, age, color, creed, culture, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Comprehensive benefits package includes $60K salary, generous PTO, medical and dental insurance, 403(b) plan with employer contribution and transit benefit.