About The Partnership for the Homeless
The Partnership is striving to create a world where housing is embraced as a human right.
We believe homelessness is solvable, and prevention is the best way to solve homelessness. Preventing eviction and immediate homelessness through rental assistance, legal referrals, landlord mediation and tenant education keeps families safely housed. Preventing ongoing risk of homelessness by offering families health and trauma-informed mental health services makes it possible for families to achieve lasting stability. Preventing barriers to children’s access to education and school, by keeping their families housed today, disrupts the generational cycle of homelessness and prevents homelessness in the long term.
We serve New Yorkers experiencing, at risk of, or recovering from homelessness. This includes people of any ability, age, family type, gender, national origin, race and sexual orientation.
Our Values are our North Star
Compassion, Inclusion, Integrity, Professionalism, Social Justice.
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer (CPO), the Manager, Data is responsible for leading data systems and championing data strategy to advance The Partnership’s mission, values and strategic objectives. They will build the data infrastructure to support growth efforts across the organization. A problem-solving mathematician with passion for data and analytics, they are experienced in setting up and working with integrated data systems and simplifying and transforming complex data to make it accessible and transparent to people of diverse backgrounds. They will be able to maintain data integrity, conduct quality control, and produce accurate, timely and data-driven reports, while being energized by building and unifying systems and contributing to a small team to realize revenue growth.
- Using client need as a driver, develop strategic and proactive approach to collecting, organizing, and maintaining data across programs and organizational functions, ensuring data is captured and reported effectively, efficiently and cohesively across the board;
- Serve as subject matter expert to the Chief Program Officer, monitor (and take appropriate action to mitigate/seize) risks and opportunities and advise on relevant field developments;
- Liaise with team members to understand and identify information needs, and develop and implement key metrics to monitor and measure organization’s performance, while determining additional integrations if needed to add efficiency and effectiveness to our operations;
- Partner across departments to continuously improve existing approaches, and develop new approaches for defining our data tools (qualitative and quantitative) and systems;
- Design and implement qualitative and quantitative data tools that enable the team to report accurately on key strategic priorities, while helping problem-solve when needed;
- Analyze and validate findings, create reports, presentations, and visualizations to reflect the overall status and progress across cross-functions;
- Maintain data integrity and efficiency, and address issues related to data security, privacy and confidentiality while troubleshooting any issues that arise with connected systems;
- Lead data auditing and cleanliness efforts across the organization, including designing and implementing protocols for regular data auditing and clean-up;
- Identify, build and deploy reporting and data management tools across the organization;
- Design and lead training across the organization on how to leverage data to inform their operations, while ensuring every team member understands how to successfully embed data systems and tools into their workflow, align on new specs, and answer key questions if required;
- Work with the CPO and in tangent with CFO to monitor organizational budgets and annual plans, ensuring overall financial health and advancement of The Partnership’s strategy and programs;
- Modernize and implement systems that ensure best practices, such as annual goal setting, production plans, data-driven decision making and analytical reports;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for creating and overseeing systems and protocols to ensure regular, timely and accurate internal and external reports across, such as organizational dashboard, reports on government grants, demographic analysis, program impact and outcomes, client needs and trends;
- Solutions-focused with an appetite for building and fixing systems from the ground up, and an ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities;
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred;
- 7+ years of leadership in data management, with 4 years in senior team role;
- Experience managing an organization’s data infrastructure; managing data for local programs preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis and identification of insights, with an ability to manage ambiguity productively, particularly in a time of growth and rapid change;
- A seasoned storyteller with an understanding of poverty in NYC and an ability to conceptualize quantitative and qualitative data, and describe organization’s progress in a way that engages internal and external stakeholders;
- Deadlines and outcomes-oriented individual, who understands data metrics and has experience writing and presenting analytical reports to inform planning and decision-making;
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with diverse teams and stakeholders and commitment to fostering diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent analytical, writing and verbal communication skills, Spanish a plus;
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office software and database systems.
Equal Opportunities Employer
At The Partnership, difference is us. We are an equal opportunities employer and prohibit discrimination against any individual based on ability, age, color, creed, culture, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Comprehensive benefits package includes $60K salary, generous PTO, medical and dental insurance, 403(b) plan with employer contribution and transit benefit.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your résumé with a cover letter that outlines how your experience make you a good fit for this role and The Partnership. This position is typically based in our Manhattan office; due to COVID-19, all staff are temporarily working remotely until it is safe to resume on-site and in-person services and meetings.