The Partnership for the Homeless is looking for their Outreach Coordinator responsible for outreach initiatives to recruit prospective clients, landlords, brokers and other referral agencies. Outreach initiatives will include but not be limited to rent arrears inquiries, participating in community outreach events, building relationships with food banks/pantries, shelters and other immediate care agencies. They will be responsible for working with families and individuals utilizing all possible resources to assist them to identify and secure appropriate permanent housing and prepare them for maintaining that housing by honing independent living and financial skills.
If you have a minimum of 2 years’ experience administrative office experience within a non-profit organization, Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public health or related field and a passion working on issues surrounding homelessness prevention, health and wellness initiatives and supporting people who are experiencing mental illness, domestic violence and substance abuse issues, we want to hear from you.
A successful candidate will be someone with:
· A pleasant professional demeanor with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and courteously with all customers, clients, guests and staff;
· Demonstrated ability to interact with client/tenants of different races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a multicultural environment and a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion;
· High energy, creating and continuous learning approach to solving challenges;
· Ability to develop and maintain contacts with brokers, landlords, real estate companies, and management offices that lead to housing placements; facilitate appointments and accompany clients to apartment viewings;
· Work with brokers/landlords to obtain documentation such as leases, deeds, W9’s, etc.; assist clients with completing housing applications;
· Must have excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English; Bi-lingual Spanish preferred;
· Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office software with an emphasis on Excel, Word, and Gmail;
· Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task with attention to detail;
· Strong time management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to meet firm deadlines; and
· Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.