Program Manager, Emergency Services
The Partnership for the Homeless is searching for an Emergency Services Program Manager who will be responsible for ensuring that program services are engaging clients. They will manage and provide direct services to clients to promptly deliver proper services such as emergency housing, financial assistance cases referrals for legal and food services. They will be responsible for preparing and reviewing financial assistance cases and assist in landlord mediation.
If you have a minimum of 5 years’ performing similar work in a social service organization with a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in public health or related field and a passion working with clients who have issues with emergency housing, mental illness, domestic violence and substance abuse, we want to hear from you.
A successful candidate will be someone with:
- Experience managing and providing direct clients services with a client centric approach;
- A pleasant professional demeanor with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and courteously with all customers, clients, guests and staff;
- Demonstrated ability to interact with client/tenants of different races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a multicultural environment and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
- An understanding of the City’s housing market, and the ability to develop strong business relationships in the private housing market (real estate owners, developers, and brokers) and the supportive housing community;
- Experience working with community stakeholders and program advocacy;
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office software with an emphasis on Excel and Word, and experience with client database systems;
- Must have excellent writing and verbal communication skills; Bi-lingual in English/Spanish a plus;
- Strong time management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to meet firm deadlines;
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task with attention to detail; and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.