Director of Programs
The Partnership for the Homeless is searching for our next Director of Programs who will be responsible for managing the program team while providing leadership developing an agile rapid response housing, outreach, health and wellness team. As a member of the executive team, the Director will think holistically and strategically about how client services intersects with technology to create a streamlined approach to providing client services such as case management and assessment, crisis intervention, housing placement, outreach, and referral services. The Director will develop and maintain policies and procedures lead by example providing excellent client services. They will be an experienced supervisor who knows how to inspire others by communicating effectively to lead a team to define goals, needs and requirements. In addition, the Director will be responsible for building external relationships with other service providers and participate in community initiatives.
If you have a minimum of 10 years’ progressive experience in crisis management within a social services agency, experience leading and building a team and a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in public health or similar degree and a passion working with clients who have issues with emergency housing, HIV/AIDS, mental illness, domestic violence and substance abuse, we want to hear from you. As a leader of our programs team, you will champion a culture of continuous learning, quality improvement activities aimed at improving our client services.
The important competencies for this role are:
● Experience building and managing an agile response team:
● Experience developing and managing a minimum budget of $5M with significant/funder reporting;
● Demonstrated ability to integrate technology solutions to client services;
● Experience creating and implementing a work plan and deliverables and tools for ongoing assessment and evaluation to ensure programs are meeting goals and objectives;
● Ability to continuously tailor programs and client services to ensure a trauma-informed approach;
● Demonstrated ability to interact with client/tenants of different races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a multicultural environment and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
● An understanding of the City’s emergency housing and services sector, and the ability to develop strong business relationships in the private housing market (real estate owners, developers, and brokers), supportive housing community and other emergency service providers;
● High energy and strong management and organizational skills to meet firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
● A focus on solutions and the ability to identify and communicate blockers;
● Must have excellent writing and verbal communication skills, bi-lingual in English/Spanish; and
● Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office software with an emphasis on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.